Monday 25 February 2013

Tiong Shian Porridge 長城粥品 (New Bridge Road) 3rd Post

Another visit back to Tiong Shian Porridge 長城粥品 at New Bridge Road. I realised that whenever I visit Chinatown, I will always visit Tiong Shian Porridge for dinner. Having to travel all the way from the North, how could I miss such an opportunity. If you would like a quick introduction of this, check out my previous posts. 
As usual (from my previous visits), we waited around half an hour for our food to arrive.
The good thing is that the food always arrive all together at the same time! 
Raw Fish (small) $3.90
Tiong Shian Porridge's Raw Fish which ordered by almost everyone who patronise this coffee shop. The Raw Fish was served with slices of raw fish, ginger, chilli, shallot, spring onion, lettuce and a lime. The sauce underneath seems to contained sesame oil. The fish was fresh with no fishy taste. Soft and smooth with a hint of sweetness. A must order dish. How I wish I could order this fish and add it into my Chinese New Year Yu Sheng! 
Braised Beancurd $2.60
The Braised Beancurd (Lou Beancurd) was soft, smooth and silky. The sauce and the chilli provided complement the beancurd perfectly. This is the only beancurd dish that I know is served with chilli! Shiok! Another dish worth ordering. Simple yet delicious. 
Chicken Porridge $3.20
The chicken given in the Chicken Porridge were well marinate and tender. However, the porridge was on the salty end else it would be perfect. 
Dried Chilli Frog Leg (small) $8.00
Dried Chilli Frog Leg (small) $8.00
The must order, Dried Chilli Frog Leg. It was well executed. The frog meat was well marinated and well coated with immense flavours of spiciness and sweetness. So delectable. 
Plain Porridge $0.60
A bowl of plain porridge for me to savour by adding the sauce from the Dried Chilli Frog Leg.

If you are wondering where to get a good bowl of porridge with Dried Chilli Frog Leg or what to eat in Chinatown, Tiong Shian Porridge is unlikely to disappoint. To me the food here is irresistible! 

Tiong Shian Porridge 長城粥品 (New Bridge Road)
265 New Bridge Road
Ann Kway Building
Tel: 6221 1596 / 6222 3911
Opening Hours: Daily 8am to 4am
Location

Tiong Shian Porridge 長城粥品 (Whampoa Drive)
Blk 82 Whampoa Drive
#01-973
Tel: 6254 0952
Opening Hours: Mon to Fri 9am - 230pm, 4pm - 12am
                        Sat 9am - 12am 

4 comments:

  1. love love LOVE the porridge here! but the chicken sometimes tastes a little artificially tenderized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never noticed that as I always order the plain porridge while the wife goes for the chicken / century egg porridge.

      Still, this is good for us. If only they have an outlet in the North! Porridge is my comfort food!

      Delete
  2. This is the only congee place that I like! Not too gooey like other places. Must have their shengyu,braised tofu,ginger n spring onion frog leggie and fish congee! *drools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah!! I have not tried their fish congee before.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...